We’ve lived in our apartment for just over a year and a half now. It’s really quite a nice apartment, except for one big thing. Our bathtub is disgusting. It was nice and white when we moved in, but after the first week or so, the bottom of the tub started to turn black. I cleaned and scrubbed and bleached it so many times with no progress.
I have been constantly embarrassed for people to use my bathroom, for fear that they would see how dirty this tub is. I clean it weekly, because how can you get clean in a dirty bathtub?
I blame nesting (which is my favorite part of being pregnant; I get so much done so quickly). Tonight, I couldn’t handle it anymore. I scoured Pinterest for ways to clean a bathtub, and I tried half a dozen. Tonight, I feel like I’ve climbed my Everest. Okay, maybe not Everest, that’s going to be the day I finally get a dog. This was my Mount K2.
My Formula for Success:
- Search Pinterest for at least one hour.
- Spend closer to four hours on Pinterest because that recipe looked delicious, but the link was a dud so you have to find the real one. Then get distracted by wedding planning, baby planning, and more craft ideas to add to the list.
- Gather supplies.
- Execute Pinterest plan.
- Try again, actually reading the instructions this time.
- Text your mom about all of your Pinterest fail woes.
- Follow the instructions.
- Succeed!!!! (Hopefully)
The Tub Cleaning Formula:
- Warm 1/2 cup white vinegar in microwave for 90 seconds.
- Add 1/2 cup Dawn dish soap.
- Spray/pour over entire tub.
- Wait 2+ hours.
- Scrub if needed.
- Rinse and be wowed!
I poured a huge glass of the concoction all over the bottom of the bathtub. That was probably more than I needed. I only had to scrub one spot, and it came up pretty easily. Using a squirt bottle and spraying it is probably good enough. But I’m amazed! The pregnancy hormones definitely kicked in when I saw the white, because this little victory made me tear up.
Thank heaven for little victories.